Version 1.2 – October 2016
To promote and support collaboration, enterprise and social responsibility within the field of design.
– To explore and examine the role of design in culture.
– To collaborate with other groups inside and outside the field of design in exhibitions, events and projects.
– To highlight the importance of ecological sustainability in design.
– To develop methods of increasing personal and societal wellbeing through design.
– To promote the work of our members.
– To give advice and guidance to new designers.
a. Every member must read Bruce Mau’s Incomplete Manifesto for Growth at least once.
b. “A member shall not belittle or denigrate the work or reputation of another designer.” (taken from AGDA Code of Ethics). It’s ok to criticise, but there’s no need to be nasty.
c. Members must not plagiarise another designer’s work. It good to be inspired by the work of others, but copying or passing something you haven’t created as yours is not acceptable. We do not consider fanart as plagerism.
d. Members must enjoy their work and play regularly.
a. Membership of Galway Design Hub shall be open to anyone who is interested in helping the group to achieve its aim and willing to abide by the rules of the group.
b. Every member shall have one vote at general meetings.
c. The Management Committee shall have the power to refuse membership to an applicant, where it is
considered such membership would be detrimental to the aims, purposes or activities of the group.
d. Registration and termination of membership. Registration is currently free of charge, but this may change in the future if administration duties and group running costs grow beyond our current capacity.
a. Galway Design Hub shall be administered by a Management Committee of not less than 3 people and not more than 9 members elected at the group’s Annual General Meeting, Committee Members must be at least 18 years old.
b. The officers of the Management Committee shall be:
– The Chairperson
– The Treasurer
– The Secretary
and such other officers the group shall deem necessary at the meeting.
c. The Management Committee shall meet at least twice a year.
* Any member of the association may resign his/her membership and any representative of a member organisation or section may resign such position, by giving to the secretary of the association written notice to that effect.
* The Management Committee may, by resolution passed at a meeting thereof, terminate or suspend the membership of any member, if in its opinion his/her conduct is prejudicial to the interests and objects of the association, PROVIDED THAT the individual member or representative of the member organisation (as the case may be) shall have the right to be heard by the General Committee before the final decision is made. There shall be a right of appeal to an independent arbitrator appointed by mutual agreement.